Pre-school session Bank Staff
- Publish Date: 20/05/16
- Job Title: Pre-school session Bank Staff
- Job Location: Acorn Pre-School
- Salary: TBC
- Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
- To help set out and put away the equipment required for each session and ensure that all equipment is stored in a safe and organised way. Due to the nature of the settings equipment this will involve an element of manual handling.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To offer the children an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times and snack times within the setting.
- To attend in-service training courses and meetings as required.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s policies and procedures.
- To promote the Pre School to current parents and potential customers.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Pre-school Manager or the Management Committee, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives.
1. Willingness to learn.
2. Early Years education and childcare qualification level 2 or 3 or equivalent. (desirable)
3. Previous experience of working with young children. (desirable)
4. Good communication skills.
5. An understanding of play based approaches to children’s learning and development.
6. Commitment to equal opportunities.
7. Commitment to working effectively with young children and families.
8. Friendly and flexible approach at work which facilitates the development of effective relationships.
9. Current First Aid at Work qualification.