Our Childcare Aims
We work within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework. Our aims are:
- To provide the community of Shefford with inclusive high quality Pre-School education and Wrap Around Care. Where all members are heard, feel respected and valued as individuals, regardless of gender, culture, race, religion or ability.
- To provide a safe, fun, stimulating, caring and nurturing environment where children can learn through play based activities.
- To encourage children to take part in a wide variety of activities and provide high quality foundations in learning to help them develop a love of learning that will last a life time.
- To support children as they develop their social skills; sharing, negotiating and understanding their own and others' feelings. We support their growing independence, confidence and belief in themselves.
- To recognise children as individuals and value their uniqueness, responding to their interests and supporting their specific learning and developmental needs.
- To work in partnership with parents, valuing parents’ inputs and sharing insights of their child’s learning and development. To work in partnership with parent; being approachable, friendly.
- To continually evaluate and improve the service we provide.