We are registered to accept Government funding for 2, 3, 4 and 5 year olds as well as self-funded. Our fees are kept in line with the funding rate that we receive from the Government.
- Three and Four year olds
- Two year olds
- Extra Sessions
- 30 Hour funding
- Nursery Education Funding
Nursery Education Funding is available to all 3 and 4 year olds. If your child's third birthday falls between:
- 1 April and 31 August, you will be eligible from the 1 September
- 1 September and 31 December you will be eligible from 1 January
- 1 January and 31 March you will be eligible from 1 April
The maximum Nursery Education Funding you can claim per week for your child is 15 hours (the equivalent of 5 x AM/PM sessions or 2 full days and a half day). If you wish to claim the maximum 15 hours you can do this over no more than 38 weeks of the year, which equals 570 hours in total. You can split your free nursery education hours between two providers if you wish.
Parents are welcome to utilise additional sessions, but these will be chargeable. For prices please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to access free entitlement you must:
1) Complete a Parent Declaration Form; which will be given to you by us at three points throughout the year to complete and return by the deadlines stated. If the deadlines are missed you may be invoiced for the sessions allocated to your child
2) You will need to provide proof of eligibility for the free entitlement, we normally ask to see a child's birth certificate at your home visit or at their first session evidence your child's age.
Up to 15 hours per week of free early education and childcare is available for 2 year olds whose families are eligible. Please speak to Andrea our Administrator or call Central Bedfordshire Council on 0300 300 8585 to check your options.
Invoices are payable half termly in advance. We accept payment by child care vouchers and can accept payment by cheque or by payment direct into our bank account.
Occasionally, we will have places available at Pre-School sessions and Wrap Around Care when children are on holiday or away due to sickness. If you are interested in your child doing an extra session/s from time to time, please contact the office to check availability. These sessions will be charged at the usual rate whether or not your child is funded, and fees are payable in advance or on the day.
The Nursery Education Funding (NEF) we receive comes from Central Bedfordshire Council, which only covers the very basics for running Acorn Pre-School & The Mighty Oaks. Any donations of toys, craft materials and other items to use during the sessions are gratefully received. Also if you have any fundraising ideas, don't keep them to yourself, get in touch!