Childcare funding options

There are lots of options for funding and ways to help with the costs.

We are registered to accept Government funding for 2, 3, 4 and 5 year olds as well as self-funded. Our fees are kept in line with the funding rate that we receive from the Government.

2 year old funding:

We take children who are eligible for 2 year funded provision. You are able to check with Central Bedfordshire Council to see the eligibility criteria and make an application at:

Central Bedfordshire 2 Year Old Funding Information

If you are eligible you must provide us with your eligibility code as soon as possible.

3 and 4 year old funding / Nursery Education Funding (NEF):

Your child will be eligible for funding the term after their third birthday. A funded place entitles your child for up to 15 universal hours each week during term time.

30 hour funding for 3 and 4 year olds:

You maybe eligible for additional 15 extended hours per week if you qualify for the 30 hours government funding (

If you are eligible for the extended offer you must let us have your eligibility code together with your National Insurance Number prior to the start of the term for which the extended offer applies.

In order to access these funded entitlements you must: 

1) Complete a Parent Declaration Form; which will be given to you by staff at three points throughout the year to complete and return by the deadlines stated. If the deadlines are missed you may be invoiced for the sessions allocated to your child. 

2) you will need to provide proof of eligibility for the free entitlement, we ask to see a child's birth certificate at your home visit or prior to entry to evidence your child's age. 

Tax Free Childcare

The Government-backed Tax-Free Childcare scheme essentially gives eligible families 20% off childcare costs. You open an online Tax-Free Childcare account and the Government adds 20p for every 80p you pay in. For more information refer to: (

Childcare Vouchers:

Childcare voucher schemes closed to new applicants in October 2018, if you are already a member we are registered to accept payments from all the major providers.

Fee Payments

You can also pay by cheque, bank transfer or cash. Our invoices are issued at the beginning of each month.

More Information:

The Nursery Education Funding (NEF) we receive comes from Central Bedfordshire Council. This only covers the very basics for running Acorn Pre-School & The Mighty Oaks.  Any donations of toys, craft materials and other items to use during the sessions are gratefully received. Also if you have any fundraising ideas, don't keep them to yourself, get in touch!